If you’re worried that replacing your damaged or already missing teeth is going to result in a more demanding oral hygiene routine, call S&G Family Dentistry at 913-945-1612 to find out about our many options for dental implants!
We offer a wide variety of restorative dentistry treatments at our Leawood, KS dentist office so you don’t have to drive to various specialists around town to get the quality care you need.
If you need replacement teeth and you’d like to get the closest thing to your natural chompers, dental implants may be a great solution for you. Compared to other options, dental implants offer many perks that we can explain to you during a consultation. But for now, you should keep in mind that dental implants can:
- Last many years or even a patient’s lifetime with proper care
- Provide a very strong bite – up to 90 percent of the chewing power of your natural teeth
- Be placed without having to prepare surrounding teeth that are still healthy
- Help reduce or even prevent jawbone deterioration so you can maintain your healthy facial structure and avoid a “sunken in” look
Dental implants are also very convincing in the way they look, feel, and function. Unlike traditional dentures that can slip or come loose, dental implants will stay firmly in place so you won’t have to change your diet in any way. You’ll still be able to chomp into a juicy bite of steak or fresh corn on the cob without thinking twice about it!
For your convenience, we offer some early morning hours so you can get your dental treatments taken care of before you head to work or have to drop off the kiddos at school. At the latest, we are open every weekday by 8:00 a.m. and are available for appointments as early as 7:00 a.m. We also accept a variety of payment options.
Treat Your Dental Implants Just Like Your Natural Teeth
If you or someone you know has traditional dentures, you are probably aware that they require a lot of special treatment. Along with having to take your dentures out for cleaning, you also need to deal with special denture cleansers and adhesives.
Replacement teeth that are held in place by dental implants, on the other hand, do not require any special care whatsoever. Just like your natural teeth, all you need to do is:
- Brush your teeth for about two minutes at least twice daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush and an ADA-approved toothpaste
- Floss between all of your teeth once a day at minimum
- Use an ADA-approved mouthwash or rinse if recommended or desired
- Maintain regular dental cleanings and exams at your dentist every six months to catch problems and verify your good oral health
No matter whether you have lost one tooth or a whole smile’s worth of pearly whites, we have options for restoring dental implants to suit your needs, including:
- Dental crowns that take the place of individual teeth that are missing or damaged beyond repair
- Dental bridges that stand in for multiple adjacent teeth
- Full-mouth reconstruction options that can replace all the teeth in your upper or lower jaw or both
In order to get dental implants, your jawbone will need to be healthy, dense, and thick. That said, if you are not a good candidate for standard sized dental implants because your jaw cannot support them, we may be able to place mini dental implants instead. These work just like traditional dental implants but are much smaller.
To help you determine the best solution for your particular problems, we will go over all of the treatments that you can consider with you. If you have any questions, just let us know. We’re happy to go over all the details of a treatment with you in an accessible way.
We also want to do all we can to ensure your visits with us are as pleasant and comfortable as possible so we offer a few amenities to help put you at ease. We even have dental sedation options to help relieve dental anxiety for nervous patients.
If you’ve lost teeth, it’s not too late to get your gorgeous smile and strong bite back! To book a consultation for dental implants, call S&G Family Dentistry at 913-945-1612 today. You can also swing by our Leawood, KS dentist office in person during our business hours or fill out our handy online form to schedule or ask a friendly team member questions.