Home > Important patient updates on COVID-19
Important patient updates on COVID-19
(updated as of 6/09/2020)
S&G Family Dentistry is OPEN and so happy to welcome our patients back; we look forward to seeing you again!
Your safety, along with the safety of our staff and Doctors, is our #1 priority. With that in mind, we have increased our already stringent procedures to keep us all safe.
- Social distancing: All staff and patients are to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Masks/Face coverings: All patients are required to bring and wear a mask or face covering.
- Screening: All patients will be asked to answer health-related questions related to COVID-19 and will have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer. We recommend taking your temperature at home prior to your appointment. If your temperature is 100.4 (°F) or higher; please call the office to reschedule your appointment.
- Visitor and companion policy: Appointments are limited to the patient only, except in cases of translation or mobility assistance. If the patient is a child, one parent or guardian may accompany them during their appointment.
- Infection prevention precautions: We are utilizing enhanced cleaning procedures and sanitizing all surfaces, instruments, equipment, treatment rooms, and the waiting room multiple times during the day. Infection control measures are readily available for our patients, including alcohol-based hand sanitizers, tissues, hand soap, and waste receptacles. We have removed all shared items like magazines. Our staff has eliminated handshakes and other forms of non-essential physical contact.
When you arrive at your appointment:
- Wear a mask while entering and exiting the building.
- Arrive promptly for your appointment.
- Proceed to the door at your scheduled appointment time, and there will be signs to assist with social distancing.
- Check-in includes recording a temperature, using hand sanitizer, and some screening questions.
- You will then be socially spaced until the Hygienist or Assistant takes you to your treatment room.
Please take note of the following:
- If you are running late for your appointment, please call the office. There is a possibility we may need to reschedule your appointment.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust, loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our practice.
S&G Family Dentistry
COVID-19 Exposure: If you are experiencing fever, fatigue, cough, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, or shortness of breath, please wait to visit our practice and follow CDC recommendations: What to do if you are sick- CDC Guidelines.